If your favorite baseball cap looks a little worse for wear, It might be time to give it some TLC and clean it up. You can wash your hat in the dishwasher! Dishwasherguys has all the information you need to keep your hat looking as good as new, so read on!
Washing hats in the dishwasher is easy and safe, and you need to know-how. Once you know-how a little bit, there are no limits to what else you can do with this method of washing other items too!
A dishwasher detergent that does not contain bleach is best. Consider an additive or stain remover if you need to clean up stains or remove smells in your laundry.
Hats can be safely washed in the dishwasher, according to these instructions.
Steps To Wash a Hat
- Before washing your hat, you should try a stain remover first. The process is simple: apply the product to your stained or soiled areas and leave it there for at least 30 minutes before putting it into the wash cycle.
- If you’re washing one or more hats without a frame, secure them in place by wrapping the adjustable strap around one of the protruding pegs on your dishwasher’s top rack. If there is no such peg to use, clip with clothespins onto two opposite sides and center onto another side. However, if using a specially designed plastic frame in different sizes for various hat types, put it inside before loading it into an empty dishwasher set at its hottest temperature setting.
- Add your preferred dishwashing detergent to the soap dispenser for 1-2 tablespoons, ensuring it does not contain bleach or citric acid. These ingredients can damage fabrics if too much is used at once!
- To wash your hat in the dishwasher, set it to a normal cycle with warm water. Make sure heat dry is turned off.
- After using the dishwasher to clean caps at home, make sure they have adequately dried afterward by setting them out somewhere where there’s good ventilation but not too close together so as not to damage each other/the shape itself.
Can Others Items Be Washed In Dishwasher?
You may be shocked to learn that washing headwear in the dishwasher is not uncommon, but you may be even more surprised to find out that other everyday objects can go on top of your plates. These include silk flowers, vacuum cleaner attachments, hairbrushes, and kitchen sponges/brushes.
You could also place microwave oven turntables along with lightly soiled dishes or all by themselves! Silk flower petals are typically very thin but have a lot of open space between them, making it easy for water to pass through quickly while being cleaned easily due to its less dense material than the cotton fabric used for clothes.
As you can see, these are the best instructions to wash your hat in the dishwasher. Maybe it’s time for you to try this method of cleaning out your favorite baseball cap? Whether or not you give this a shot, we hope that these tips have given you an idea of what is possible with washing hats and other items in the dishwasher. Comment below if any of these ideas piqued your interest!
Check our latest post on how to fix bosch dishwasher