Is your dishwasher not draining? It does not mean that your dishwasher has any issue. Maybe it’s your kitchen sink drain problem, Or your drain is not attached properly. You also have to clean up the food residue from the inner filter of the dishwasher .keep clean your machine filter to prevent drain issues.
Whenever an error code appears in a dishwasher such as 5C, 5E, 0C, 0E, So that means you are facing drain and overflow error. Read our error code guide to resolve your issue. When this happens, the code does not appear in some models, but different lights blink like Heavy and Auto. These signals mean that you are experiencing drainage and excessive flow. You can check your dishwasher manual and read our guide on what errors you face for this solution.
Inspect the dishwasher’s drain connection at the sink
- Whenever you have a drainage complication, It should be noted that the sink drain is not the cause of this problem. If you are using Garbage Disposal So first open and clean it. Food particles are the cause of this problem so remove them.
- Is your dishwasher connected to the drain? If yes, check the drain below that there is no obstruction. Make sure the Garbage Disposal Cap may be responsible for this obstacle. If so, then the solution is to remove the cap.
Check the drain hose.
- Usually, this drain problem comes after installing the dishwasher, And the reason for this that the dishwasher is placed above the drain.
- The second reason is that the dishwasher’s air gap is not connected, and it doesn’t have a high loop.
If the connection of drain hose is going down towards the upper sink. As you can see in the picture, Because of this machine will push the water backwards and it will fail to drain.
Install the drain hose well according to the dishwasher, and keep in mind that It should not be bent or twisted, Especially if you’ve recently connected the dishwasher drain hose from the sink. If it is twisted or bent, straighten it.
If your drain hose is faulty, you can’t straighten it out, Contact the Samsung service center to resolve this issue.
Check Valve & Run water in the sink that the dishwasher is connected to
- When the dishwasher throws up water, then the check valve prevents water from returning to the dishwasher. If the check valve is stuck in turn off position or damaged, it will not drain properly.
- Run the water for 30 seconds and verify the sink drain. If there is no issue with it, Then there is the problem of plumbing in your home, not your dishwasher.
- Contact your plumber to resolve this issue.
Clean the drain, filter, and sump in the tub.
- Some models have removable parts in the filter and drain area. You can remove and clean it and if your model does not have these removable parts. Check your model user manual and follow the instructions. Even if the parts cannot be removed, clean up the food particles to avoid drain and bad smell.
- The inner filter is located at the bottom of the lower rack.
- Remove the lower rack to access the filter.
- Turn the filter in a clockwise direction.
- Now you can pull the filter out and clean it easily.
- The drain pump uses the impeller to throw out the water. If the pumping motor is not working properly, then the pump will not drain the water.
- The pumping motor can be damaged both mechanically and electrically.
- You can use a multimeter to find out if your motor is damaged or not.
- If the motor test is negative for continuity, it needs to be replaced.
Some of Samsung’s models have a solenoid valve that opens to drain water, and it will not open if the solenoid valve is damaged.
Similarly, we check the pump motor with a multimeter. This is exactly how we will examine the solenoid. Find out if it failed electronically or not.7
Water Inlet Assembly
When water is being pumped from the pump, it goes to the hose drain, so it comes from the water inlet assembly. Sometimes food particles or hard objects get stuck there, and it causes trouble.
When you check the drain pump, drain hose, and you have checked everything, keep that in mind If the drain problem is not solved yet. Be sure to check this assembly once this assembly is placed on the left side of the dishwasher.
- Take out your dishwasher, then remove the side cover.
- Now remove the gray drain, as you can see in the picture.
- When you disconnect the drain, place the towel under the drain. Otherwise, the water will leak and reach the pan and activate the flood sensor.
How to Check The Drain Pump of Samsung Dishwasher
- Remove the bottom rack of the Samsung dishwasher.
- Now you need to remove the microfilter.
- wipe the moist or water from the filter
- Remove the inner pump cover by pressing the inner pump handle upwards.
- Now, check the impeller if it is in good condition and then try to rotate it with a finger’s help. Now clean the dirt from the pump.
- Reattach the drain pump cover. Click on it until you hear a clicking sound.
What To Do If Drain Error Light Shows Up, But No Drain Issue?
If you have a Samsung dishwasher DW80F600UTS or a similar model. The dishwasher shows an error code. The code should be like this 5C, SC, 5E, SE, or ND. Sometimes, this happens during the cycle, but at the same moment, It works well, and the drain works well.
And it may stop every 9 minutes, so that’s mean you may have a drain sensor or a Samsung dishwasher ECS problem.
Over the period of time, this sensor gets dirty. It may need to be cleaned or replaced.
If the drain problem is still there, then contact Samsung Support Center.