The Bosch dishwasher cleaner can be used once or twice a year to clean greasy residues from your appliance. Fill the bottom of your empty dishwasher with one box of cleansers and run a cycle using the hottest, most extended option.
Descaling your dishwasher
Use the Bosch descale regularly to remove hard water buildup and limescale buildup. On an empty dishwasher, start the most extended, hottest wash cycle (without detergent). After 30 minutes, add one box of descaling to the bottom of your dishwasher and let it run. Run another wash cycle after that cycle has finished.
How often should I clean my dishwasher, if at all?
The filter should be cleaned every three to six months, depending on how often it is used. It’s at the bottom of your dishwasher for you to take out. Remove it and clean out any debris with a soft brush underwater.
Make sure the spray arms are clean and free of obstructions. Then, run it under a tap to check if any of the holes are clogged. If they are, use a toothpick to clear any debris trapped in the openings.
Wipe the door seals clean with a wet cloth. Hygienic stainless steel using a soft cloth and wipe in the direction of the steel grain. Then use Bosch’s stainless steel conditioner on it. Do not apply the conditioner to logos, control markings, or black steel.
How to Clean a Dishwasher Like a Pro
Cleaning the dishwasher isn’t something we often recall until an unpleasant odor reminds us it’s time to do so. So, what can you do to remove the dishwasher stank? Our Bosch dishwashing cleaning suggestions cover how to clean a dishwasher from top to bottom, including eliminating odors.
Eliminating and Preventing Odor
Our Bosch dishwasher cleaning suggestions eradicate smell at its source with appropriate cleaning techniques and standard household supplies. We’ll also discuss how regular maintenance and proper use may go a long way in preventing smells.
Clean the Dishwasher Filter
The purpose of a dishwasher filter is to remove food particles that could otherwise obstruct the dishwasher drain. Unfortunately, these food particles accumulate in the filter over time, producing an unpleasant smell as they decay.
Here’s how to clean a Bosch dishwasher filter to get rid of stinky food particles and odors:
- Remove the dishwasher’s lower rack and spray arm. Remove the filter cap and pull it up on the mesh screen to remove it. Rinse the filter and screen in warm water. Place the filter back in the dishwasher with a twist of your wrist clockwise.
Dishwasher Tub Cleaning
The dishwashing tub is a heat, wet environment that thrives on food particles leftover from previous loads. Here’s how to clean out a Bosch dishwasher tub and eliminate odors with simple household goods:
White vinegar: Pour 1 cup white vinegar in an empty dishwasher’s base and run a heavy clean cycle. Sprinkle 1 cup baking soda in the dishwasher’s bottom and leave it overnight before running a regular, complete clean process in the morning.
If your dishwasher has a stainless steel interior, skip this step since bleach may discolor stainless steel.
Clean Dishwasher Spray Arms
Small holes in a dishwasher’s spray arms frequently get clogged with food bits, keeping water from spraying outward and leaving plates unclean. While correct dishwasher loading strategies can prevent these obstructions, mold and mildew may build up on the spray arms, producing unpleasant odors.
To clean the spray arms in your Bosch machine, follow these procedures:
- Remove the lower racks from the dishwasher. Twist the spray arm knob on top of it to remove it. Use a toothpick to clean out each arm’s holes.
Inspect and Clear the Drain Line
A clogged drain line might be blamed if the Bosch dishwasher stinks persist after the preceding procedures. Here’s how to check the drain line and remove any obstructions:
- Disconnect the drain hose from the garbage disposal or air cap with a screwdriver and pliers. Run a clean dishwasher cycle while holding the hose over a pail or sink to examine for blockages. If the hose does not drain, there is an obstruction blocking it.
- Remove the clog using a hanger or plumbing snake carefully straightened or punctured. It may be challenging to eliminate than removing an obstructing item such as food waste in your kitchen sink.
Tips to Prevent Dishwasher Odors
We recommend that you clean your dishwasher after each use to prevent buildup and smells from returning. These methods and our Bosch dishwasher cleaning recommendations can also be part of a regular maintenance program to avoid odors from recurring.
The following measures utilize these ideas proactively to avoid odor:
- Every month, clean the dishwasher filter. Every month, clean out the tub with a clean cloth and wipe it down after each usage. For optimum odor reduction, use FINISH brand detergent from Bosch. Use as little detergent as possible; excess soap residue may cause foul odors. Follow the guidelines on your detergent package and use the least quantity feasible.
If your Bosch dishwasher still smells after a supply of cupfuls, it’s time to get help from a seasoned professional. Aviv Service can assist with any dishwasher repair.