Table of Contents
Troubleshooting Bosch dishwasher error code e01 is not a difficult task. This article will walk you through the process of what to do if your Bosch dishwasher displays this code and how to fix it.
If your Bosch dishwasher displays the error code e01, it means that there is a problem with one of its control panels.
But don’t worry! You can fix this on your own without buying an entirely new board first by making sure the electricity supply and wires are plugged into place correctly and checking all connections at each end for continuity using an ohmmeter or voltmeter, respectively (or just use another appliance).
If you’re having problems with your dishwasher, it could be because of the control board. The Bosch boards can get pricey and may need some work on their end before they are replaced or fixed for free (depending).
You might also want to contact a local repair service like appliance pros who will do all that’s necessary without charging any fees in addition- which saves money!
The control board may be damaged. Modern appliances are chock-full of electronics. When a fault is discovered, the Bosch dishwasher displays an e01 error code on its display panel.
Even if you intend to repair it yourself, do not go out and purchase a new control board right away. To begin, you’ll need to obtain the help of an expert technician.
The cost of repairing the component rather than replacing it is quite low in this case.
Diagnosing The Failure
How do you identify a dishwasher that’s about to break down? The visible manifestations of the problem are identical across all models.
All dishwashers have a control board that controls the entire washing cycle, from beginning to end: from water heating through draining the used water into the sewer. If your dishwasher needs repair or if its control board should be replaced.
- The problem might be that the kitchen gadget isn’t turning on.
- The dishwasher does not support the selected program (either it won’t run at all or it isn’t running correctly).
- When you switch on the machine, all of the display programs on the display panel light up at once.
- It is impossible to pick the program.
- You can see a blackened area or a portion of the board.
Damaged beyond repair
What if the check is good, but the only option is to replace the control board? You’ll need a new right control board – not the cheapest one available. Always double-check that the requirements are suitable.
Even if the control board for any other Bosch dishwasher appears similar, you can’t put it in your machine. The most probable outcome is that the incorrect board will not function, and you’ll be out of pocket. Even if no suitable electronic circuit is available on sale, you may always purchase one.
If you’re ready to install your new control board, it’s time to fix the dishwasher. You’ll just need a screwdriver set.
It will not be difficult to replace the component if you follow all of the instructions:
- Disconnect the dishwasher from the electrical supply (unplug the dishwasher).
- Remove the panel. To locate the board, consult the manual.
- Remove the panel, and then the control board with the wires will be visible. We recommend that you take a photo of the wiring before you unplug them. Then, if you connect them to the new piece correctly, you’ll be able to reconnect them.
- Using a screwdriver, pry the old board out of the way. Disconnect any wiring needed for installation or replacement.
- Connect the wires to the new microchip unit and replace the component.
- All that remains now is to secure the panel in position, connect the dishwasher to the power supply, and run a complete cycle.
If the faulty control board is the reason for a dishwasher’s failure to operate, it will usually function properly after replacing it.
Even an unskilled handyman can replace a dishwasher board. Simply pick the right microchip unit and follow the easy instructions or observe this video: